|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Thank God, It's Doomsday article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Homer dreams that he dies and goes to Heaven ... Thats what is written in the spoiler.. I don't agree with this presumption... If this was indeed a dream, then the whole episode was a dream (because of moe's bar...)
Thanx BillyH for changing this.
enyo 18:12, 29 October 2005 (UTC)
This is one the best episodes of the recent seasons, although my interest in the End Times by bias me a little. It reminds me of the angel episode focusing on Lisa. Captain Jackson 07:39, 13 February 2006 (UTC)
- Considering the considerable amount of time the Simpsons deal with religion, I wonder if it should be made into its own article. I'll have to see if there are any other "X in the Simpsons" articles. Captain Jackson 07:42, 13 February 2006 (UTC)
- D'oh! Looks like it's already been created. I'll just have to help expand it tomorrow.
Six fingers on God
Does anyone have this episode on DVD? I was just watching it just 30 minutes ago telling my girlfriend how God is always drawn with five fingers. When Homer goes to meet God, and God is sitting on his throne, legs crossed, we counted the fingers on his left hand resting on his right knee -- FIVE fingers, ONE thumb == 6 fingers! Sartan 04:04, 16 October 2006 (UTC) Scorpion0422, I invite you to dispute this edit here in the articles talk page. Please defend your removal of this entry. Sartan 04:36, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
- http://www.lardlad.com/cgi-bin/framegrabs.cgi?GABF14/161.jpg -- Scorpion0422 05:05, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
Very close, Scorpion - but I think the exact scene in question was a few frames before or after this particular screencap. The POV was from behind God's left shoulder, looking down at Homer. We counted 5 knuckles and one thumb. I'll note that this particular URL isn't a frame-for-frame recap of the episode, maybe 15 frames apart or something. The picture in question was on screen long enough for us to count each one of them and say 'hey there are six fingers there;. Sartan 05:27, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
- I just watched the entire scene and god didn't have more than 5 fingers once. If you want to post that here, get a frame grab of it. Besides, if it is true, and it didn't last longer than a few frames, then it's really not that notable. -- Scorpion0422 05:31, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
- Noted, Scorpion0422 - It was only a few frames. I thought it would be a lovely exception to the rule. I'll leave this out of the article then as it brings no quality to it. Sartan 06:34, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
God DOES have 6 fingers in that episode. I actually looked up "god 6 fingers simpsons" to see if anyone else noticed it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 04:56, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
i heard somewhere that there is a head-exploding scene taken right out of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac by Jhonen Vasquez, but i can't find any video of this episode. it's supposed to be at some part where a tour guide is showing homer around heaven. could someone either look into or give me a link where i could find the video myself? Xombi p (talk) 20:55, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
- I removed it, it adds nothing to the article. CTF83! 06:20, 5 February 2013 (UTC)
Journey to the West reference
I think there's a subtle reference to the Chinese novel Journey to the West here... "Monkey eats many of the peaches, which have taken centuries and millennia to ripen, becomes immortal and runs amok. " (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_(TV_series)) . The first place Homer goes when he starts running amok is also a garden with a peach tree. At least I think it was a peach tree, the scene was over really quickly. I'll have to watch for a repeat. Fugyoo (talk) 19:54, 21 June 2011 (UTC)